Re: Does the Bible teach a flat earth?

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Sun Jan 05 2003 - 05:08:30 EST

    Blake writes

    >I was simply asking for Jim to clarify what he meant be
    >one of his statements and listed a couple possible
    >meanings he could have intended. As I recall, he did
    >not say which one he intended in the follow up e-mail.

    This was related to "Christianity in decline." Actually,
    the subsequent related posts touched on the relevant issues
    nicely. (Christianity doing well in poorer, less educated
    countries but faltering or even dying in Europe and North
    America).

    Jan writes

    >Truth outside the Bible is truth without God, so that basic
    >difference is already enough to make talking about "truth"
    >difficult if not impossible.

    Actually, the major point of this list is the relationship between
    "truth outside the Bible" (science) and the Bible. I relate
    better to Christians who say "All truth is God's truth."
    After all, science has forced major reinterpretations of
    "God's Biblical truth." Some Christians (Spong comes to mind)
    even claim Biblical moral truth is in need of reinterpretation.

    Jim