Re: Does the Bible teach a flat earth?

From: Dawsonzhu@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 05 2003 - 05:32:01 EST

    Blake Nelson wrote:

    > Why do you see
    > it as such an important reason why people believe,
    > when, in fact, it really isn't a selling point of the
    > Gospel at all and talked about only in metaphor?

    In many respects [the promise of eternal life] has been
    used essentially in that way to draw people in. If I
    remember correctly, typical tracts that get handed out
    only _promise_ "peace with God", but the loud speakers
    here in Japan are always blarring "eien inochi" which is
    literally "eternal life" for example, so at the common
    level it surely is this that is often said.

    However, with a mature faith is a recognition of how
    we think we should live and how it is that we expect
    to achieve that. It is here that a genuine choice of
    faith must be made and that cannot be based upon cheap
    promises of eternal life.

    by Grace alone we proceed,
    Wayne