Re: de-converting Christians

From: RFaussette@aol.com
Date: Tue Dec 31 2002 - 16:52:00 EST

    In a message dated 12/31/02 3:46:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
    jarmstro@qwest.net writes:

    > Philip Jenkins in his book, "The Next
    > Christendom" points out that, contrary to popular wisdom concerning the
    > growth of Islam, that Christianity is not on the decline, but doing just
    > fine, thank you. However, it may be redistributing itself somewhat -

    I have Jenkins' book and am aware of the problem thatr this growth poses. The
    problem is that educated first worlders are leaving the churches. The embrace
    of Christianity as their hunter gatherer socities fall apart under emerging
    nationalism is almost a natural process, but the abandonment of the churches
    by first worlders (us) is debilitating and a great concern.
    rich