RE: Geologic map of Iraq--no flood in Iraq

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Tue Aug 20 2002 - 19:39:54 EDT

    Glenn writes

    >>For starters, the "mountains" of "rrt" are not in Turkey. See
    >>Bailey's book. Ararat extends close to southern Mesopotamia.
    >>A mountain range connected to this extends all the way down past
    >>Southern Mesopotamia.

    >So you say the Zagros mountains are Ararat?

    First things first. "Mountains" of "rrt" requires no Turkey
    landing.

    We know where the flood was. We know when the flood was.
    We know Noah was a real person. All indications point to a
    real ark.

    There is no human being on this earth who knows where the ark
    landed. We are all making educated guesses with incomplete
    information. I don't see a reason for this to be a major threat
    to Biblical inerrancy.

    The Biblical account was a sober account until translators wanted
    a bigger flood. The waters rose 15 cubits above the earth. That
    isn't that hard to fathom (pardon the pun :-)

    I simply can't reject the Biblical account because I don't know
    what "mountains" of "rrt" refers to in all certainty (or, less
    likely, if it is a scribal error). Who would have thought "fountains
    of the deep" referred to irrigation until research uncovered that?

    If there were no ark, then we could safely claim Biblical error.

    I'll comfortably rest with the abundance of evidence on my side.

    The ark had to land somewhere. Yes, one possibility is a broad
    definition at the time for "mountains" of "rrt." I could think of
    more, but this "Genesis slacker" heads back to work tomorrow, at
    least for a couple of weeks. Wish me luck!

    Jim Eisele
    Genesis in Question
    http://genesisinquestion.org