Re: The Flood Hoax

From: george murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 22:35:29 EDT

    John Burgeson wrote:

    > >>Sure _ & you can also argue that there were originally two blind men
    > instead of one in Mk.10:46-52 so that it agrees with Mt.20:29-34. Anything
    > can be harmonized with anything in this way, at the cost of rewriting the
    > Bible.
    > >>

    > I don't think I implied I thought that was a good answer to the statement
    > you made. It is surely "ad hoc." None the less my KJV only friends see
    > explanations such as this as a "defense" of scriptural inerrancy. You should
    > see how they reconcile the numeric discrepancies I cited a few weeks ago.

    Burgy -
         I didn't think that you were advocating this type of interpretation. (The
    "you" in my 1st paragraph was meant generally. I guess it would be less liable
    to confusion to use the more formal "one can ....")
         Don't see how one can do this from a "KJV only" stance since the problems
    are there in the KJV text.

    Shalom,

    George

    George L. Murphy