Re: Geology stuff (was Re: Noahic Covenant)

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Sun Jul 21 2002 - 21:11:37 EDT

    Hi Darryl,

    Here's a little more evidence. Five of the literary epics
    (Bible included) have the ship landing in the Ararat region.
    At the moment, my best guess is that this is Abiabene, just below
    the Little Zab. No need to be dogmatic about that. Noah & family
    probably got tired of being on moving water. So they "headed for
    the hills." BTW, Dick just e-mailed me that the deposits at
    Lagash were "water-laid" clay.

    Fyi, my "hidden point" about YEC is their lack of openness.
    As I've said before, the ASA has a list where anyone can come in
    and freely discuss ideas. The people with bad ideas get weeded out,
    and go away. The more I study, the more I realize this "debate"
    was over decades, if not centuries ago. YECs are fringe. In my
    opinion, the internet (and God) will finish YEC off. Don't expect
    to find up-front arguments. Expect deceipt.

    Jim Eisele
    Genesis in Question
    http://genesisinquestion.org