Re: Noahic Covenant

From: gordon brown (gbrown@euclid.colorado.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 21 2002 - 20:01:50 EDT

    Paul,

    My reasoning is based on my interpretation of what the text has to say
    about the birds. In Gen. 8:9 the dove returns to the ark because it can't
    find any place else that isn't covered by water. This suggests to me that
    the level of the water was still above the bottom of the ark and that the
    water was receding at a very slow rate. Perhaps others don't read this
    verse that way.

    Gordon Brown
    Department of Mathematics
    University of Colorado