RE: Noahic Covenant

From: Dick Fischer (dickfischer@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Jul 20 2002 - 22:46:48 EDT

    Glenn wrote:

    >Dick wrote:

    >>We also differ on the extent of the flood. For those of us who have
    >>spent time studying the flood, myself, Paul Seeley, Davis Young,
    >>Robert Best, and others, there is agreement on the time and place and
    >>scope. That should tell you something.

    >Aaahhh, should it tell me that 4 people can be wrong at the same time? A
    >list like that is useless as a measure of truth.

    There were twenty authors in Robert Best's bibliography I had read in
    researching my book:

    Alster
    Bailey
    Gelb
    Gould
    Hasel
    Heidel
    Jacobsen
    Josephus
    Kidner
    Kramer
    Lambert
    Langdon
    Mallowan
    Parrot
    Sollberger
    Speiser
    Tigay
    Wenham
    Woolley
    Young

    How many books from any of these authors have you read?

    Let me put it another way. How many books and articles have you read
    on geology? How do you feel when you encounter someone who has read
    not one geology book and yet has the gall to hassle you about your
    conclusions.

    >To paraphrase and mangle Mark Twain, there are several
    >billion Buddhists who agree that Buddhism is correct.
    >Shouldn't that tell us something as well?

    Best and I together have read well over 300 books and articles
    directly pertaining to this subject, and we agree on the date, 2900
    BC, and the place, southern Mesopotamia.

    Either shun the research and trust those who do it, or do the
    research and weigh in. Best, Young, and I did the research and
    agree, you haven't and disagree. Does THAT tell you anything?

    Dick Fischer - The Origins Solution - www.orislol.com
    ěThe Answer we should have known about 150 years agoî