Re: New member and Not challanging scualrism of science

From: Jonathan Clarke (jdac@alphalink.com.au)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 20:44:11 EDT

    Welcome Marque, I hope you find this list as helpful as I have. I would agree
    in essence with what you say, but would also add that I believe that creation
    and evolution are complementary explanations. Creation is a statement about
    relationship, evolution about mechanism. A child might ask its
    parents "How did
    I get here?", and the answers "Your mother and father wanted to have children"
    and "your parents had sex" would be equally true, but in a
    complementary matter,
    rather than conflicting.

    GB

    --
    "It is not easy to see how the more extreme forms of nationalism can long
    survive when men have seen the earth as a pale crescent dwindling against the

    Arthur C. Clarke