RE: Adam from Dust

From: Glenn Morton (glenn.morton@btinternet.com)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 09:10:17 EDT

    Dick wrote: Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2002 2:38 PM

    >Glenn, you had suggested that those living before Adam would be
    >dispatched to hell. I replied that not even cats or dogs go to hell.
    >I did not say your ancestors were like cats and dogs. To be
    >specific, unaccountable human beings, such as your great ... great
    >granddad, would neither be rewarded for righteousness or condemned
    >for unrighteousness.

    Then they were human, right? They had a conscience, they worshipped idols,
    built temples etc., right? So what exactly do these pre-enlightenment (in
    the sense allowed by your theology) people do differently from us which
    shows you that they do not have souls?

    >>In your discourse, it seems to me that there is room for God to insert a
    >>soul in a cat or dog.
    >
    >To what purpose?

    To what purpose were we given souls? Same thing.

    >>Are any animals possessed of this soul?
    >
    >I have no clue.
    >
    >> What evidence would make them show that they have a soul?
    >
    >See my previous answer.

    I didn't see a previous answer. What is the behavioural evidence for the
    soul?

    >> What activity do they lack which tells you they absolutely
    >don't have a soul?
    >
    >I don't even understand this question.

    What behaviours do animals lack which convince you they don't have a soul?

    personal stories of struggle