RE: Adam from Dust

From: Glenn Morton (glenn.morton@btinternet.com)
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 21:40:19 EDT

    Dick Fischer wrote:
    >Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2002 8:21 AM
    >I agree! All the Bible is about real human beings. Nothing about
    >hominids, Australopiticines, Homo erectus, or any of that bunch.
    >Speculation about what constitutes a human being beyond sheer
    >anatomy, is just that - speculation. Speculation about what God did
    >with them is still speculation.

    But apparently you seem to have gathered the idea that Native Americans were
    nothing more than dog- and cat-like creatures until the time of Christ. And
    my great...great grandpappy was equally a dog- or cat-like non-real human
    being. Do you really expect that concept to sell?

    It frankly has tinges that make me uncomfortable because someone can use
    that view to claim that all Nigerians are not real humans, or all Malay are
    not real humans even today. I think this is a wee bit dangerous.

    In your discourse, it seems to me that there is room for God to insert a
    soul in a cat or dog. Or maybe those supremely intelligent dolphins, who
    know everything but refuse to speak with us low-lifes except in squeaks and
    whistles which, of course, throws us easily off the truth concerning their
    extreme level of civilization.
    Are any animals possessed of this soul? What evidence would make them show
    that they have a soul? What activity do they lack which tells you they
    absolutely don't have a soul?

    personal stories of struggle