RE: Adam from Dust

From: Glenn Morton (glenn.morton@btinternet.com)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 00:10:07 EDT

    So, my great, great....great grandpappy, the European one, who lived at the
    same time (4000 years ago) as Adam, wasn't human? Wow. I have several
    questions.

    When did his line become human?
    Was he born an animal and then magically became human (like the Velvatine
    Rabbit) when Adam was born?
    If he or his father, wasn't human,why did he build religious altars?,
    Why were the Maltese building temples while Adam was learning the names of
    the animals?
    Why did the Catalhuyuk peoples have idols in 7000 BC?

    Why did the Askili peoples, in 8000 bc have a temple? Weren't they animals?
    Religious animals, a new discovery. Consider what it says about Askili

      "Since 1989, a team from the University of
    Istanbul, led by Ufuk Esin, has been excavating Asikli, a
    village that appears to be about 1000 years older than
    Catalhoyuk and was home to several hundred people at its
    height. Although it is smaller, Asikli has a more complex
    arrangement of buildings than Catalhoyuk. A large
    collection of mud-brick houses is partly surrounded by a
    stone wall, and Esin has found a large cluster of public
    buildings that may have been a temple complex, as well as a
    pebbled street running through the settlement. Most
    amazingly, Esin's team has now excavated 10 successive
    occupation layers and found that the arrangements of the
    houses and the street are exactly repeated at each level.
    Yet, Esin told Science, most of the plant and all of the
    animal remains were wild. In essence, Asikli was a large,
    highly stable settlement that subsisted mostly on hunting
    and gathering." Michael Balter, "Why Settle Down? The
    Mystery of Communities," Science, 282(1998):1442-1445, p.
    1444-1445

    >>And given that Adam seems to be the first person capable of being saved, I
    >>presume this means that those in Europe of that day --contemporaries of
    >>Adam, weren't capable of being saved either. Is that correct?
    >
    >Even those living in Egypt, who were contemporary with Adam at the
    >time Adam lived, were unaccountable and without salvation or
    >condemnation in my opinion.

    My poor great, great...grandpappy was a bit deranged you know. He thought he
    was human, built altars, farmed, domesticated the animals, built cities,
    fought wars all under the delusion he was human. What a shame. He would
    have made a nice pet otherwise.

    Salvation rested with the children of
    >Israel, God's chosen people, until the time of Christ. What about
    >those living in the Americas during those four thousand years from
    >Adam to Christ? Same deal.

    Mere animals? Wow. Dick I admire you for not being worried about political
    correctness. I am sure that the aboriginal Americans will appreciate having
    their ancestors likened to dogs and cats who don't go to hell (see above).
    If they, like the early hominids, were just animals, then if Columbus had
    been 2000 years earlier, he could have shot them all and no one could
    complain? What sort of relativistic clap-trap is this?

    I wrote:
    >>Your view seems so strange.
    >
    >Who said, "truth is stranger than fiction"?

    Ripley as he was hauled off by Native Americans, soaked in honey, and
    strapped to an ant-hill?

    In another note, Dick wrote of my views:
    >I did read your methodology about Adam and Noah, but I seem to recall that
    >Adam's immediate parents were apes not hominids.

    You are correct, I had written that and it was consistent with the knowledge
    of the time when I wrote it. My views are easily amendable to allow it to
    have occurred within the hominid lineage.

    personal stories of struggle