Re: sciDocument.rtf

From: John Burgeson (hoss_radbourne@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 18:06:08 EDT

    Some time ago Shaun posted a pretty good description of the inerrancy
    problem; I printed it and then overlooked it until today.

    He said, in part: "I shall discuss two
    approaches to interpretation, and the result when we apply those approaches
    at texts that appear to contain errors. The two approaches are: the centrist
    approach, which I discussed in my earlier post, The Human Word Of The
    Almighty God, and the conservative approach. "

    The centrist approach Shaun describes is largely co-incident with my "C"
    label in a post I made a few days ago. The conservative approach appears to
    be inclusive of both the "R" and the "FR" positions.

    There appear to be quite a number of fairly well defined positions which
    have points intermediate between my "FR" and "C" positions. Each with their
    own following of enthusiastic supporters. I am learning more aboutthis than
    I really wanted to!

    Anyway -- thanks for the added explanation and definitional clarity, Shaun.

    JB