Re: The Scandal of the Evangelical Mind

From: Robert Schneider (rjschn39@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sun Jul 07 2002 - 22:47:03 EDT

    Shuan,

         Mark Noll is a highly regarded historian of American Christianity on the
    faculty at Wheaton College, and who recently completed a year as a
    distinguished visiting professor of evangelical Christian thought at Harvard
    Divinity School. I highly recommend his _The Scandal of the Evangelical
    Mind_, and also his _American Evangelical Christianity: An Introduction_,
    which I am reading presently. Both books have chapters on evangelical and
    science that give a pretty good explanation of the rise of YEC; there's some
    overlap, but both are well worth reading. In fact, I would recommend
    anything Noll writes. He combines first-rate scholarship with a strong
    Christian commitment and witness (he's Presbyterian).

    Bob