Re: Anthropological items

From: Michael Roberts (michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk)
Date: Sat Jul 06 2002 - 17:23:43 EDT

    I think scientists en masse are more concerned with evidence than lawyers
    who at times only want to win the case. This is because if they win the case
    then they get more money.

    There is far more rhetoric from lawyers than scientists.

    Although scientists are and were far from blameless ( I can give lots of
    examples to support Jay and ones to contradict him) I think Jay has a rather
    inadequate understanding of science.

    One ought to realise that hominoid anatomy etc is one of the more
    contentious areas of science and thus more "subjective" in contrast to most
    geology and the so-called exact sciences

    Michael