List Policy

From: Terry M. Gray (grayt@lamar.colostate.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 06 2002 - 21:19:56 EDT

    Dear ASA list,

    The large number of posts today has reminded me of a couple of list
    rules that I had planned to include when I posted the rules before.

    Here they are:

    No more than four posts a day will be allowed from any single list
    member. Members are encouraged to create substantive responses to
    related post in a given thread (perhaps cutting and pasting relevant
    sections from the posts to which they are responding). This policy 1)
    prevents only a few individuals from dominating the list; 2) helps
    restrain members who feel the need to respond to every post; 3)
    requires members to be more selective in what they respond to; and 4)
    encourages more substantive posts.

    Somewhat related to this rule is this additional rule:

    Quote only parts of the message that are relevant to your response.
    Messages that unnecessarily include large portions of a previous
    message will not be posted or will be edited by the moderator.
    Archives of the ASA list are immediately available at
    http://www.calvin.edu/archive/asa/ if you need to see the history of
    a given thread. These are arranged by date and time posted, author,
    and thread.

    As before, please send comments directly to me at
    grayt@lamar.colostate.edu rather than to the list.

    TG

    --
    Fort Collins, Colorado  80523