Re: Inerrancy

From: John W Burgeson (burgytwo@juno.com)
Date: Sat Jul 06 2002 - 17:06:31 EDT

    Shuan wrote: "I guess I would regard my position, stated in the post,
    "Human Word of the Almighty God" as C. I would say that Scripture is
    inerrant only to the extent that it contains "Truths necessary for
    salvation ". "

    Sounds OK to me. From what I understand of the FL persons I mentioned,
    Borg and Bultman might agree; Spong might not. But his real position is
    hard to discern. He is much more clear on what he does NOT believe than
    on what he does. Borg and Bultman are clearer on this.

    John Burgeson (Burgy)

    http://www.burgy.50megs.com
            (science/theology, quantum mechanics, baseball, ethics,
             humor, cars, philosophy and much more)