How big is God? (was RE: sciDocument.rtf)

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Fri Jul 05 2002 - 16:29:39 EDT

    Lucy writes

    >Jim, your god is too small.

    This is an interesting post :-). My God created the heavens and the
    earth, gave us the sequence, resurrected His Son, sent a devastating
    flood to Mesopotamia, inspired Biblical prophecy, will judge the world,
    offers eternal life, and in short, is without peer.

    >If B below is true, and there are any errors in the Bible, then your god is
    >inept.

    Your words, not mine, but I certainly follow your logic.

    >If C is true, then we all should just stand up, turn off our minds, and
    >salute Pat Robertson.

    Here's something that you (and many on this list) may or may not like.
    Gen 1-11 is a battleground. But, my goal is not to irritate people
    without being constructive. There is an ultimate truth about these
    chapters. And, from what I've seen of Pat Robertson, he doesn't have it.
    But, I guess that I'm assuming he is an anti-evolutionist YEC. Hopefully
    that is an incorrect assumption.

    If I have missed your point at all, feel free to let me know. Especially
    if you can make my God bigger! :-)

    Jim