RE: sciDocument.rtf

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 14:33:02 EDT

    Shuan writes

    >What is your explanation of Lev. 11:19-22 and Lev.11:6?

    Please tell me that your rejection of inerrancy does not come down
    to two short selections in Leviticus.

    I am not ultra-confident that I have the exact correct interpretation
    of ANY part of Scripture.

    A) If you have already rejected the historicity/scientific accuracy of
        more substantial portions of Scripture, why are you spending so
        much time on Leviticus?

    B) IMO, you are "playing in the wrong ballpark." Anyone can find fault
        with virtually any passage of Scripture if they want to. I get the
        sense that no explanation will convince you otherwise.

    C) Guess what? It's risky to denigrate the Bible. As for me, you have
        ignored far too many big questions to bother to answer these trifles.

    A little bit tired,
    Jim