Re: Favorite devotional books

From: Cmekve@aol.com
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 21:19:17 EDT

    In a message dated 4/29/02 4:03:21 PM Mountain Daylight Time, shuanr@boo.net
    writes:

    << Dear list,
        I am going on a spiritual retreat around Memorial Day. I am looking for a
      devotional book or two to carry along. Does anyone have a favorite
      devotional text that they would recommend?

      My favorites:
      No man is an Island, Thomas Merton
      The Way of the Heart, Henry Nouwen
      Celebration of Discipline, Richard Foster.
      Shuan Rose, Attorney at Law
      2632 N Charles Street, Baltimore MD 21218

    Although it's primarily written for Lent, Walt Wangerin, Jr.'s "Reliving the
    Passion" is superb.

    Karl
    Karl V. Evans
    cmekve@aol.com