(no subject)

From: JW Burgeson (hoss_radbourne@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 14:53:59 EDT

    >>counters can be manually set for a given number.>>

    Yeah. True. In a simple minded fashion, I assumed they would not do this.
    Now I have a new research project -- to revisit this (and other) sites on a
    regular basis for a couple weeks and see how much the counters change.

    I was talking with my daughter about my own web site today and mentioned the
    count was up to over 3,000 hits. She told me that at least 20 of them were
    hers!

    And then there are the search engines, which MAY record a hit whenever they
    sweep by -- I don't know the technology here though, so maybe they don't
    actuate the counters.

    Burgy