Methodological Atheism

From: John W Burgeson (burgytwo@juno.com)
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 11:27:34 EDT

    To the list:

    Some time ago I posted some comments on Methodological Naturalism, aka
    methodological atheism, on this LISTSERV, attributing them to one "Otto
    Strunk." I had read Orlo (not "Otto") Strunk's book years ago -- all I
    had to go on were my handwritten notes.

    Yesterday at a used book sale at Iliff, I found a copy of Strunk's book
    -- for the past several hours I have been rereading it, taking notes
    (more carefully), and then seeing if I could confirm the gentleman's
    claims, made in 1968, that MN could fairly be dated back to the
    Epicureans circa 200 B.C.

    I believe I have done so. In my next post here, I will document my
    findings on the subject.

    Yesterday Burgeson (Burgy)

    http://www.burgy.50megs.com
            (science/theology, quantum mechanics, baseball, ethics,
             humor, cars, philosophy and much more)