Re: Adam and Eve

From: Dick Fischer (dickfischer@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 21:28:03 EDT

    Hi Mike, you wrote:

    >I think it is just as easy for us to explain that the creating of man in
    >God's image involved giving highly evolved primates moral consciences, minds
    >that were able to understand spiritual things, and most importantly, eternal
    >spirits.

    Moral conscience, I don't think so. We learn our moral system from
    our culture.
    If we were head hunters, we would shrink human heads. Eternal spirit? Why
    waste an immortal soul on a creature without giving him a means to redeem it?

    >I tell people that Gen.1:26,27 describes God's creation of the human race
    >prior to His creation of Adam and Eve. When I do I point out to them that
    >Gen. 1:26,27 does not tell us exactly how God then made man. Gen. 2:7 tells
    >us that God made Adam from the dust of the ground. However, Gen:1:26,27 does
    >not tell us what materials God used to make the preadamic human race.

    No, but people seem to denote a difference between creation and
    evolution. The word
    bara means God-originated creation.

    >I think either way of explaining things works just fine. It would, however,
    >be nice if we could agree on this matter.

    I have just had longer to think about it. Lots of sleepless nights
    for lots of years ...

    > I guess it would be a lot easier at this point for me to agree with
    >you, rather than
    >vise versa.

    This is the sound of me holding my breath.

    Yours in Christ,

    Dick Fischer - The Origins Solution - www.orisol.com
    "The answer we should have known about 150 years ago"