Re: Trouble with Adam and Eve

From: Walter Hicks (wallyshoes@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 19:56:07 EDT

    I agree with all you have said -but with a caveat!.

    The problem is that there appears to be nothing limiting the size of the
    population during the period mentioned -- the way that I see the growth
    of the humanoid population. They had the entire world to spread over and
    they did just that.

    Except for major catastrophes in one area or another another, the growth
    of the human population has been continuous (as best I see the
    literature). Therefore, the problem is one of why a particular
    chromosome would disappear without any EXTERNAL pressures!!?

    My suspicion would be that other than population pressures caused the
    disappearance of the MANY Y-chromosomes that existed besides the "ADAM"
    of the texts. Selection by "natural selection", methinks.

    IMHO

    Walt

    -

    --