RE: A matter of trust?(Or why YEC persists)

From: Don Perrett (don.perrett@verizon.net)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 14:17:38 EDT

    Thanks for the reference. I must say though, George's reply was a little
    more enlightening. I do not expect there to be a simple this way or that in
    anything. In fact it is the very idea of complexity which makes many things,
    including the bible difficult to interpret and even understand. This is why
    no one, except the holier than though, can say that they have the answers.
    This of course leads to the concept of continuing the search and
    discussions. To say that it's already been done and people have already
    found the answers does not serve anyone. Relationships with God are
    personal. So even when fact is present, how one takes it is important. Even
    myths are based on some observable fact. It is not the concept that is myth
    but rather the expression and interpretation of events that becomes myth.
    Which then brings one to search for the cause or root of the myth. Again,
    thanks for the response.
    Don P