Re: Bear sacrifice

From: Dick Fischer (dickfischer@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 21:32:05 EDT

    Mike Saterlee wrote:
    >Jim,
    >
    >My position on this is a cross between that of Glenn's and Dick's.
    >
    >I believe Adam was a historical person who was created by God and inserted
    >into an already populated world. I believe Bible chronology dates this event
    >to 4,000 years before the birth of Christ. However, I do not believe that
    >Adam was the first man who was created "in God's image." I do not believe
    >that Adam differed in any way "spiritually" from the indigenous populations
    >which surrounded Eden, other than being put under "law" by God. (Romans 5:13)

    For a discussion of these kinds of options (from someone other than me) Davis
    Young's article "Genesis Reconsidered" published in Christian Scholars Review is
    online:

    http://www.asa3.org/ASA/resources/CSRYoung.html

    Dick Fischer - The Origins Solution - www.orisol.com
    "The answer we should have known about 150 years ago"