Re: Brachiators On Our Family Tree?

From: PHSEELY@aol.com
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 14:03:14 EDT

    Jim wrote,

    << Dick writes about whether it is Biblical to believe humans existed before
     Adam. Was Adam the first human? Or was he the first in Christ's line,
     and Israel's line? I'd like to add Gen 6:2 to the evidence table

     "the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took
     wives
     for themselves, whomever they chose."

     We already know that Adam was considered "the son of God" from Luke 3:38.
     And
     somewhere in the NT it talks about Christians becoming sons and daugters of
     God.
     So, being a son/daughter of God is a special position not granted to
     everyone.

     So, in Gen 6:2 the sons of God would be Adam and his descendants - the
     "special
     ones." The daughters of men would be "ordinary" humans who didn't descend
     from
     Adam. Unless you want to get really creepy and say that "the sons of God"
     are
     angels. >>

    Gen 6:2 says, The sons of God saw the daughters of "the Adam". Who is "the
    Adam?" As you trace the phrase back, you find from Gen 2:7, 8, 15, 16, 18,
    19, 20, 21, 22, 25, 3:8, 9, 12, 20, 22, 24 that it was the man Adam. The
    "daughters of 'the Adam'" are Adamites.

    Paul