Re: Brachiators On Our Family Tree?

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 09:04:08 EDT

    Peter writes

    >Those outside of Israel were accountable according to the measure of
    >their knowledge of God, as many historical biblical notes show.

    Then why worry about them?

    Dick writes about whether it is Biblical to believe humans existed before
    Adam. Was Adam the first human? Or was he the first in Christ's line,
    and Israel's line? I'd like to add Gen 6:2 to the evidence table

    "the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took
    wives
    for themselves, whomever they chose."

    We already know that Adam was considered "the son of God" from Luke 3:38.
    And
    somewhere in the NT it talks about Christians becoming sons and daugters of
    God.
    So, being a son/daughter of God is a special position not granted to
    everyone.

    So, in Gen 6:2 the sons of God would be Adam and his descendants - the
    "special
    ones." The daughters of men would be "ordinary" humans who didn't descend
    from
    Adam. Unless you want to get really creepy and say that "the sons of God"
    are
    angels.

    Jim