RE: Fair Fight

From: Glenn Morton (glenn.morton@btinternet.com)
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 21:13:03 EDT

    Since my YEC days, where I know I engaged in that type of behavior, I have
    striven really hard to change the way I do research. I spend time trying to
    find where I am wrong rather than wasting time trying to find out where I am
    right. After all, it is more embarrassing to be wrong, so it makes sense for
    me to try to find that before I go public. Being a YEC and eventually
    having to admit that everything I had believed was silly and stupid was a
    painful lesson in trying ones best to avoid this approach.

    Do I entirely succeed? Of course not--no one is perfect. But I find that ifI
    try to find where I am wrong first, it makes it easier to get to the truth
    and I avoid fooling myself.

    personal stories of struggle