Re: Homo erectus in Africa

From: Michael Roberts (michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk)
Date: Sun Apr 14 2002 - 17:40:03 EDT

    Last summer while teaching geology for Wheaton at their Black hills camp i
    had to take the students to Mt Rushmore to look at the geology of course (
    though 3 students sang the Stars and Stripes in the auditorium). What
    surprised me is that there were 5 faces and not 4 as to the left of
    Washington is the distinct impression of a monkey's face in the rock -
    natural of course.

    Does this mean that Americans are descended from monkeys? ( I will not
    specify which monkeys!)

    As Adam Sedgwick wrote to Darwin

    Yours

    Son of a monkey