Re: Lets fight fair.

From: Walter Hicks (wallyshoes@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 16:44:33 EDT

    RDehaan237@aol.com wrote:

    > In a message dated 04/12/02 9:08:18 AM, wallyshoes@mindspring.com writes:
    >
    > << Is it true that Johnson agrees that, if evolution is true, then
    > there is no God? I know that I read something similar in a book by
    > Colson. >>
    >
    > Walt,
    >
    > Do you know that he believes that? As far as I know, he never did or does.
    > Please cite chapter and verse from Johnson's writings if you really know what
    > you are talking about.

    I must really apologize. I thought with certainty that I had just read
    on an ASA post that "Johnson agrees with ??? that if evolution is
    correct then there is no God". I cannot find any such quote now and I
    really really apologize. I just have to much more careful in the future.

    I do, however, not take back the general theme of my comments with
    respect to Charles Colson. I have a copy of a book where says just that
    --- and I seen others as handouts in churches.

    Is Colson a Christian? Of course.

    Are his statements about evolution damaging to the faith of many
    Christians? In the extreme!

    Walt

    --
    Walt Hicks <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>