Re: cosmology & polygamy

From: John (Burgy) Burgeson (hoss_radbourne@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 09:58:55 EDT

    >>IF what you say is heresy there is an old tradition behind it, that of
    the gnostics of the early Christian era who denied that the God of the Old
    Testament, the creator of the world, was the Father of Christ. In
    particular, Marcion rejected the OT all the parts of the NT which he thought
    too Jewish - in part because of the type of arguments you make.>>

    I can certainly understand why. Maybe I am part gnostic. No, I think not.
    But I do regard that part of the OT as not more than an old folk tale and I
    certainly don't take it seriously when formulating my own ethical position.

    >>It's one thing to say that the "turn the other cheek" is an
    improvement on "eye for an eye", & quite another thing to say that "eye for
    an eye" never had any validity.>>

    The babies who were slaughtered certainly could not be included in the "eye
    for an eye" argument, George. So I must reject that line of argumentation
    altogether.

    John B