Re: cosmology & polygamy

From: george murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 15:08:29 EDT

    Adrian Teo wrote:

    > Hello George,

            To some extent. & this is why it's important that biblical
    interpretation be done within the context of the church & remain in touch with
    (note that I don't say "remain identical with") the church's tradition of
    interpretation.

    > Does it not follow that this is precisely why
    > there are so many Christian factions around today, and seemingly growing?
    > And if so, the canon doesn't completely solve the problem of appealing to
    > experience, although it may serve to keep things partially under control.

            I agree. The canon doesn't guarantee fidelity. The Jehovah's Witnesses
    have the same canon as Protestant Christians but are 10^6 km from the gospel.
    Nor does confessional subscription or the historic episcopate - including claims
    of papal infallibility - guarantee truth.

    Shalom,

    George

    George L. Murphy
    http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy