RE: Claims Intelligent Design Scientists ..

From: Keith B Miller (kbmill@ksu.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 21:49:57 EDT

    >I guess I am admitting more ignorance that I should, but does the ID
    >movement take any position on the age of the earth?
    >
    >I thought their arguments concerned the complexity of micro-biology, and
    >macro-evolution, not cosmology.

    The primary promoters of ID at the Discovery Institute avoid making
    criticisms of any position as long as it opposes accepting the adequacy of
    cause and effect processes as scientific descriptions of the origin and
    history of life. They enthusiastically support and encourage the efforts
    of young Earth creationists. The prime movers for altering the standards in
    Kansas were young Earth creationists who were publically supported by DI
    members. One of the ghost authors of the rewritten Kansas standards has
    argued for the possiblity of geocentrism. The ID supporters are intent on
    maintaining a "big tent" that includes everyone except "theistic
    evolutionists."

    Keith

    Keith B. Miller
    Department of Geology