RE: Claims Intelligent Design Scientists Author Bibliography Papers

From: Dick Fischer (dickfischer@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 14:22:32 EDT

    Norm Woodward wrote:

    >Dick Fischer wrote:
    >
    > It is of little wonder why the intelligent design movement seems to find
    > it difficult to take positions on basic concepts like the age of the
    > earth and descent with modification when their leading organization
    > suffers so much confusion.
    >________________________
    >
    > I guess I am admitting more ignorance that I should, but does the ID
    > movement take any position on the age of the earth? I thought their
    > arguments concerned the complexity of micro-biology, and macro-evolution,
    > not cosmology.

    Actually, Skip Evans wrote that. He is with the NCSE. However, I will
    offer a bit of commentary. If you know Behe's position, he believes in an
    old earth and even mutual shared common ancestry between humans and
    primates. I know, I asked him. He says not one word about his
    evolutionist beliefs in his book on ID. Why? Phil Johnson has no
    illusions about the age of the earth. Again, his books say nothing about
    it. Again, why?

    Simply put, creationists buy books. Why risk alienating them with the
    truth? It is just this duplicity coming from those who call themselves
    "Christian" that gets right up my nose.

    Dick Fischer - The Origins Solution - www.orisol.com
    "The answer we should have known about 150 years ago"