Re: Science and religion: two ways of knowing

From: Jonathan Clarke (jdac@alphalink.com.au)
Date: Mon Apr 01 2002 - 17:30:21 EST

    This seems close to instrumentalism. It might be OK at the quatuum level, but
    it leads to trouble above that. Copernicus's book was put on the index until
    censored because he denied instrumentalism and actually suggested that his
    theory might be real. The 5 places where the Starry messenger was censored were
    all where he spoke of the reality of his theory. Galileo also got into trouble
    for saying the same.

    Jon