RE: Current Events

From: Don Perrett (don.perrett@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Mar 31 2002 - 01:00:41 EST

    Hello All
    The particular discussion about God's involvement seems to be of concern to
    many. While I will not push my view on anyone, I will make the following
    statements.
    Some say God does not have control. Others say he gives us free will and
    therefore he does not want control. Some will say he does control. So many
    versions and opinions. In my mind's eye, God has as much control as he
    chooses. Some would say "Why would God allow suffering?". The answer is not
    that he does not have the control to do so, nor that he does not care. It is
    human arrogance to think that God must stop evil from happening. Are we
    children crying because we didn't get our way? As with any parent, God has
    set forth rules and laws which we must follow. He can choose to allow laws
    to be broken, but then what good would he be as a parent figure? Suffering
    is not a punishment from God. When bad or good things happen it is the
    direct or indirect response to our own or someone else's actions. natural
    events, such as earthquakes may not be preventable but the amount of
    destruction caused can be limited. What part of this earth have we not
    already chosen to manipulate or even destroy. It is not because he doesn't
    care or has no power to stop these things. It is because he, as with any
    parent, realizes that sometimes the only way for children to learn is the
    hard way. He is not trying to force us to his ways, but he is trying to
    teach us his ways. You may tell your children time and again not to do
    certain things, but sometimes they will still do wrong and suffer the
    consequences. Do we lock them up in their rooms for the rest of their lives?
    All must learn in his own way. When mankind reaches the point, if ever, that
    we can follow God's word without deviation, then perhaps we can question
    God's motives and actions. Until then, we have no one to blame for evil but
    ourselves. If one delves into the book of Revelation, there is a "wrath" of
    God to come that involves the sun being given power to destroy. Let's see
    how long it takes for the ozone layer to fall. God's wrath is not direct
    from him. It is the result of direct violation of the laws that he set in
    motion at the creation. God has not need to control or influence. God's
    knowledge and prophetic wisdom knew each and every consequence of action,
    past, present and future. His power reigns from the creation he made with
    the laws of physics and nature already established before time. His
    presence, power and control is everywhere and in everything. What fragment
    of matter is not controlled by the very laws he created? How can one say God
    is not involved. How can one say God does not care? On the one hand people
    say let your children be free to develop and on the other protect them. The
    balance between the two is difficult. Only God has done it right and it is
    up to us to follow his way.

    Again, people cry out "Why does an innocent man suffer?". The man may not
    have done anything himself. Someone, somewhere has done something to cause
    it however. You may disagree. Arrogance can certainly lead one to believe
    this. Look up at the sky. While we can certainly predict the weather more
    accurately than before, can anyone say what the weather will be 10 years
    from now at a given day and time? If we are scientist, do we not accept the
    fact the for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction? Would you
    not agree that if one man dies today, it can cause many others to die later,
    or many more to be born? We are not intelligent enough, nor have the
    knowledge, to know each and every effect. One man with poor hygiene can
    cause an entire civilization to end.

    Lengthy points I know. Thank you for your attention.

    God Bless and Happy Easter
    Don P