RE: Living with Mystery (was BIBLE: Marcus Borg)

From: Adrian Teo (ateo@whitworth.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 13:03:02 EST

    Bob,
    This latest post of yours has really clarified for me where you stand on
    this issue of historicity, and I agree wholeheartedly with you about the
    mystery surrounding these events and the grounding in actual historical
    events. The 100% certainty that many search for is obviously a myth, but one
    does not need to fall into the other extreme of rejecting all evidence
    because that level of certainty cannot be obtained. I still, however, take
    issue with Borg on his denial of the continuity between the historical,
    crucified Jesus and the Resurrected Christ. That is not to say that he is
    necessarily any less a Christian, but simply that we have a deep
    disagreement. Logically, his position makes little sense to me, which was
    what led me to the question of why bother preaching the gospel, given his
    premises.

    BTW, I too am equally impressed with the thought of Aquinas.

    Blessings to you on most Holy of weeks, and may we all remain focused on the
    Passion and Resurrection of our Lord, Jesus the Christ!

    Adrian.