Re: ASA Perspective

From: Vernon Jenkins (vernon.jenkins@virgin.net)
Date: Sun Mar 24 2002 - 19:02:11 EST

    George,

    In your posting of 21 Mar you wrote:

    "But let me be blunt. Your argument that was based on humans being
    enemies of God &c has turned out to be a vague generality."

    On the contrary, I believe it is particularly apposite to the whole
    debate, as it is currently conducted. Allow me to explain:

    Carefully conducted numerical and lexical analyses of the Bible's first
    verse in the original Hebrew
    suggest that it is the most remarkable combination of words - and of
    letters - ever written. It is a
    living testimony to the truth of the recently-discussed biblical
    strictures concerning man that few
    are prepared to examine and comment upon a claim that has, potentially,
    such far-reaching
    implications in the current debate. Normally, the curiosity of your man
    of learning knows no bounds -
    particularly if he is scientifically trained. In addition, one would
    expect the emergence of
    phenomena predicated on the activity of a supernatural hand to generate
    great excitement among church
    leaders, and a general clamour to know more. Alas, nothing could be
    further from the truth. In each
    case the converse obtains. Such behaviour is not only unnatural but, I
    suggest, completely illogical.
    Without doubt, the biblically-predicted flaw in man's mental processes
    is overwhelmingly confirmed,
    and it follows that all opinion that undermines the Scriptures - whether
    express or implied - must be
    regarded with suspicion.

    Rather than Science being regarded as the _dominant_ partner in man's
    quest for truth, logic suggests
    that this role properly belongs to the Bible. My findings confirm God's
    sovereignty - and sovereign
    purposes. They convince me that the Judaeo-Christian Scriptures
    represent divinely revealed truth,
    without which man - by divine definition - is quite incapable of
    arriving at the verities concerning
    how we and the cosmos came to be. I therefore regard your faith in
    'atomic clocks' to be misplaced.

    George, I would be interested to hear why you regard the
    numero-geometrical structures and letter
    patterns that underpin the integrity of Genesis 1:1 as phenomena of such
    little consequence - and
    unworthy of proper evaluation.

    Shalom,

    Vernon

    http://www.otherbiblecode.com

    Also, new page on Gen.1:1 letter patterns:
    http://homepage.virgin.net/vernon.jenkins/Letr_Sym.htm