request

From: Ted Davis (tdavis@messiah.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 09:18:18 EST

    I was pleased to learn that Francis Collins will join the listserve for one
    week, starting this weekend. I am concerned, however, about the level of
    noise on this listserve these past few weeks, mostly concerning origins,
    which has generated a lot of name-calling and garbage. If this were the
    norm for the listserve, I would not be on the listserve, I have far too many
    things to do than to keep my finger on the delete button. It's a good
    argument to hire a moderator, though I doubt that will happen.

    Here is my request: for the week that Dr Collins is available, at least,
    can we agree please not to discuss these recent topics, and limit our
    conversation to issues related to his expertise (ie, genetics and
    biotechnology)? Even if there had not been so much noise, I think this
    might be a reasonable request, but under the circumstances I think it wholly
    justified. Can we agree to this?

    Ted Davis