RE: What are the odds?....Or, a great and Mighty God

From: Don Perrett (don.perrett@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 18:43:05 EST

    Thanks for your quick response. While I do believe in creation through
    evolution, I was not speaking to that issue. Regardless of what we may find
    or believe to be the process of creation, my question is whether Genesis is
    correct/factual or is it just something God had no hand in, as you stated,
    and if so then WHY? I have still yet to receive an answer for this from
    anyone. If you hold to the idea that God chose not to influence the Bible,
    then again WHY? What evidence, Biblical or historical, is there that God
    intentionally made the decision to stay out of such an important document?
    How would this serve God? If the texts are solely written by God fearing
    individuals, who I'm sure attempted to maintain truth using their own
    knowledge and literary skills, then could it not be said that anyone who
    writes with the intent of praising God has written something worth being in
    the Bible? Many texts concerning God, both recent and ancient, have been
    written. Correct me if I'm wrong but, is that not the purpose for the Canon?
    Texts found or believed to be the word of God are included, while others are
    not. Or is this a stretch on my part?
    Insight please.