RE: What are the odds?....Or, a great and Mighty God

From: Janet Rice (rice@teravicta.com)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 18:34:17 EST

    Don Perrett wrote
    >What was God's reason and/or purpose for this? While I certainly do not
    have
    >God's wisdom, I myself would not do such a thing to my own children. What
    >purpose would it serve God to confuse everyone?

    If a lurker may comment - has anyone else ever noticed just how many
    wonderful puzzles there are in the world? Sometimes I feel like we've been
    given the keys to a great big toy box - and as scientists we get to play
    with particularly set of interesting toys - but theologians obviously get a
    whole other interesting set of toys. There is so much to learn - and
    humankind will never learn it all, let alone anyone individual. I admit to
    being weird, but I take all the fascinating questions out there as a gift
    from God rather than an attempt to confuse us. How could anyone ever be
    bored when the world is so interesting?

    Janet Rice