Re: The "global flood" - was a lot of other things previously

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 12:04:43 EST

    >>>The overflowing Euphrates river from Spring rain

    >>Dick, I must take exception to this. If this is
    >>"all the flood was" then how do you explain the ark?

    >As a boatload of local animals indigenous to southern Mesopotamia. No
    lemurs from Madagascar. No marsupials from Australia. No penguins from
    Antarctica or polar bears from the Arctic region. No monkeys from Africa or
    South America. No elephants from Africa or India. No alligators from
    Florida.>

    I agree (and thanks for adding to the discussion).

    >And no dodos from the Institute for Creation Research.

    I find the ICR very creepy, myself.

    My objection, however, was "your anti-supernatural" bias. The Bible
    (as we all know) states that God warned Noah. If (and maybe I
    misinterpret) the flood was a purely natural event, why the
    need "for a big honkin':) ark?

    Jim