Re: Marcus Borg

From: Robert Schneider (rjschn39@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 10:22:33 EST

    an article that contains his own personal statement of belief at:

        www.westarinstitute.org/Periodicals/4R_Articles/Borg_bio/borg_bio.html.
    (What appear to be spaces are actually underlines.)

    The Westar Institute site and the United Methodist site cited earlier
    (www.united.edu/Portraits/) both will provide information on the Jesus
    Seminar. Borg is a member, and I believe at one time he was its chair. In
    my view the work of the Jesus Seminar has been badly distorted by inaccurate
    and sensationalistic press accounts and the writings of critics.

    I have found Borg's books very stimulating. While I may not agree with him
    in all respects, he helped me to rediscover the Jesus in and behind the
    gospels at a critical moment in my own returning to faith, and I am grateful
    for his thoughtful and careful scholarship and his perspectives. I think
    that *Meeting Jesus Again for the First Time*, *Jesus: A New Vision*, and
    *The God We Never Knew* are all worthy contributions.

    Grace and peace,
    Bob Schneider
    rjschn39@bellsouth.net