RE: The Bible is not a scientific text??

From: Woodward Norm Civ WRALC/TIEDM (Norm.Woodward@robins.af.mil)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 18:37:41 EST

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Allen Roy [mailto:allenroy@peoplepc.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2002 10:20 PM
    To: asa@calvin.edu
    Subject: The Bible is not a scientific text??

    I want to bring up a topic for discussion.

    It is often said, "The Bible is not a scientific text."

    I would like to know just exactly what is meant by that.

    Allen
    Recalling my high school biology text that the Regents of the State of New
    York issued me in the early Sixties, which tried to confirm the theory of
    evolution by use of the Law of Recapitulation, and the possibility of
    naturalistic abiogenesis by use of the Stanley Miller prebiotic soup
    experiment, I would assume that the main difference is that the Bible does
    not intentionally dispense falsehoods.
    Later...
    Norm