Re: <no subject>

From: Howard J. Van Till (hvantill@novagate.com)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 11:51:07 EST

    >From: "Don Perrett" <don.perrett@verizon.net>

    > While I would agree that there is no direct scientific text within the
    > Bible, anything which we discover now should, at the very least, not
    > contradict the Bible.

    This is a familiar assertion. But what are its underlying assumptions? Why
    should anyone expect that the biblical text, written 2 or 3 millennia ago,
    would be consistent with all discoveries made since that time? Are these
    underlying assumptions and expectations warranted, or do they deserve to be
    candidly reexamined?

    Howard Van Till