Re: The Bible is not a scientific text??

From: Jan de Koning (jan@dekoning.ca)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 11:16:29 EST

    Allen,
    The topic has been discussed many times before. And, unfortunately, we
    cannot know what a "scientific" text written or inspired by God would look
    like. We have to study His creation, draw conclusions, discuss etc.. That
    has been done many times here.
    No human being could ever supply such a text. Another thing is: God talked
    to people in their own language at a certain time, giving directions for
    life. When God says that we have to till the ground, we do not know how
    God would till the ground. That is a matter for studying.
    While I am always glad that people want to discuss these things,
    "new-comers" should not expect us oldies, who have been talking about these
    things for many, many years (in my case 60 years) to repeat ourselves more
    than once or at most a few times a year.

    Jan