Re: ASA Perspective

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 14:01:55 EST

    Paul writes

    >You are suggesting that God hid the teachings of modern science in Gen 1
    and
    >did not reveal those truths to anyone until the late 18th century

    Paul, you do raise an excellent point here. Perhaps you are asking,
    How could God be so deceitful?

    Well, I'm not God. But nobody else is currently standing up for a
    Bible that contains anything more than a fable for Gen 1.

    In a previous post I mentioned that Gen 1 indicates evolution.

    Formless and void earth, plant life, fish/crocodiles, land life, humans.

    I'm irritated beyond words at the church. But everyone answers to God for
    their own life. I'll let them worry about that.

    YECs are taught 144 hour creation or you're "disowning" the Bible. This is
    a farce and a disgrace.

    I couldn't be a "Gen 1" as fable person. Not without a significant
    reduction
    in the strength of my faith.

    So, do to the weak support I am getting, I concede this point to you Paul.
    One person alone cannot possibly defend God. I would be doing God a
    disservice
    pretending that I could.

    Jim