Re: Embarrassment of the Church (was Re: ASA Perspective)

From: John W Burgeson (burgytwo@juno.com)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 16:22:59 EST

    Jim wrote: " If you believe Gen 1 is just a story, you have weak faith."

    So be it then. I hold Genesis 1-11 to be metaphorical, not history. If
    that tags me with a "weak faith" in your eyes, I can live with that.

    Note that I do not reciprocate. If you hold Genesis 1-11 to be history,
    that fact does not say anything to me about your faith. It may, of
    course, say other things, but that's another discussion.

    John Burgeson (Burgy)

    http://www.burgy.50megs.com
           (science/theology, quantum mechanics, baseball, ethics,
            humor, cars, philosophy and much more)