Re: ASA Perspective

From: Michael Roberts (topper@robertschirk.u-net.com)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 13:51:23 EST

    > I dare say that as early as Darwin someone could have looked at Genesis
    > One. They could have seen a formless and void earth, plants,
    > fish/crocodiles, land animals, humans. Hmmm. Looks like evolution.
    > The rest may not have been clear yet. But who among us has been told
    > by God what the rest of our lives will be like? Faith plays a role.

     Yeah, lots did then. Hugh Miller in The Testimony of the Rocks for starters
    and hundreds of others who did not take Genesis literally and only a few who
    did.

    Remember YEC has been a minority viewpoint since 1800 - except in the USA
    from 1961 and it is growing here but I prefer to take a traditional and
    Victorian interpretation of Genesis and ignore these recent heretical
    innovations of Henry Morris et al.

    Getting stroppy

    Michael